Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What am I doing with my life?

Lately, I've been in a slump. I used to be really excited about my future. Now, I'm at a crossroads. I'm not sure what to do once I graduate in December. Do I stay home with my family during our time of loss? Do I go to graduate school, like I've been planning? Do I take a semester off? Do I stay to help get my sister back on her feet?

I have also been thinking about my decision to not go to Haiti this summer. I'm wondering if mission work is in my future. I'm not much to be sitting at a desk. I learned that much from my internship. The only thing I know is that I will be unhappy if I end up in an office job.

With all that said, I know that God is my provider. He knows what is best for me. He has already laid out my path and now I just have to find it. Whether it is what I have planned or not, I know that whatever happens God will protect and provide.

As I am writing this I am reminded of my favorite verse, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,for those who are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 

I only hope that my purpose and call allow me to stay close with my family. During this time, I really feel the need to stay with my family. I am even going home for the summer instead of getting a job in town and renting an apartment like I initially planned. I am not saying this because I feel obligated. I really want to be with my family. I miss them so much and I can tell they wanted me home just as much I want to be home, especially my sister.

I cannot wait to be graduated in December and hopefully fulfill mine and Brianna's plans to move into an apartment together. She and I have been planning ever since I decided to go to graduate school. We decided she would follow me and we would get her in school somewhere. However, I worry if that is asking too much. As much as I want to live with her, I do not want her to miss out on any other opportunities just because she is following me. I also do not want her to feel obligated to attend the school I will or even attend at all if that be the case. School sometimes is not for everyone. I know that even now I am wondering whether or not school was the right decision for me. Especially, since all I really want to do when I graduate is backpack across the world.
But, these are just my thoughts for today. Hopefully they are not too scatterbrained. Thank you for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment