Thursday, January 23, 2014

Life without school

So, as you may have seen in my past three blogs, I am officially a graduate of college. Woohoo!! Partay!!! So, some may be wondering what is it like? Honestly, I thought I would hate it. I am not your normal person who really doesn't like school. Don't get me wrong, I hate schoolwork, but genuinely love school. So of course, I thought I would hate being done. I actually thought I would miss the work. Well.....I don't! Surprise! Ha! 

Of course I do miss my friends. However, since I'm still living in my college town I do still get to see them. I also am only babysitting right now and therefore I have a lot of free time. So, my days consist of babysitting, watching Netflix, reading, and hanging with friends and I am loving it. However, I am constantly searching for a "real" job and hopefully one within my field. The job search is the worst part of this whole thing right now. It's been a month and I still haven't found anything. 

For now though, I am working on my 50 books in a year challenge that I set for myself. So far, I have read five books which means I am two books ahead of schedule! I have also gone on a mini book buying spree at books a million thanks to their end of the year sale and picked up seven more books and I have already read two of them. In all this time spent reading I have also been watching a lot of booktubers on YouTube. I've been getting a lot of great book recommendations and I am thinking of starting my own channel or either turning my blog into a book blog of sorts. If I do decide to turn this into a book blog you can expect book reviews, movie/book review, book challenges, book hauls, etc. so let me know what you think. I mean if I could make a living off of reading and writing reviews I would. Hey, wait a minute! Haha, if anyone knows where I can get a good critic job, let me know! I'd be great at that. Except, I love just about everything and don't critics hate everything? ;) 

All I know for sure is that I am enjoying my time as a graduate and can't wait to read more books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment