Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy Am I: A Trip to Campamento

Back in March, I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Campamento, Honduras for a 10 day mission trip. You might be asking why are you just now writing about this? Well, if you know me then you know three things; 1. I procrastinate like no other, 2. It takes a long time to get my thoughts on paper, and 3. I am crazy busy. However, I am so excited to be sitting down and writing about this now.

On the trip, I went with 8 other team members from Landmark and Faulkner. This was only my second short term mission trip and I was so excited. I thought I knew what to expect, but I was wrong.

Campamento is a small town about two hours outside of the capital of Tegucigalpa. It is in the department of Olancho. It is centered beautifully in the middle of a forest of trees and mountain. Twenty thousand people live within Campamento. The town is known for its pine trees that are used for lumber and there is also a farm there used to raise tilapia.

Our team set out on Friday March 20th from Montgomery, AL at 2:30 in the morning. After two plane rides, a fast and bumpy van ride, and well over 12 hours of travelling we made it to Campamento. Donnie, the head of the school there and worker for CRF (Christian Relief Fund) met us and began the introduction. He let us know what all we would be doing, some logistical concerns, and some cultural customs to be aware of.

This trip was so eye opening in many ways spiritually and physically. I knew that I was going down to help people less fortunate than me, but I had no idea the impact it would have on me.

Instead of taking up 20 pages on this trip (which I could definitely do). I want to share with you the PowerPoint I created which documents our journey. I hope you enjoy and I also hope it inspires you to take a trip of your own and be the feet of Jesus!

Link to Honduras 2015 PowerPoint:
Honduras 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment