Monday, February 25, 2013

A little thing called Jamboree and the stress you feel

It is amazing how much stress an eighteen minute show can cause. If you do not know what Jamboree is let me tell you. Every spring semester in March each social club (that's what a Christian university calls their sororities and fraternities) put on a musical of sorts. There is a script, songs, and choreographed movement. This year I am president of my club which is stress of another kind as well. Our club is putting on Snow White this year. We begin practice in January as soon as we come back from Christmas break and practice Monday through Thursday night up until the three shows on Friday and Saturday.

This year may be the best show we've had but also the most stress. As president, I've had to deal with so many complaints and opinions and put up with a lot of drama. I've also had to deal with it in the most Christian like manner. Granted I have failed a few times and I've noticed this and made an apology each time. I hope my girls and my brother can forgive me.

Each year, I try to remember that what is important is not the place we receive at the end, whether first second or third. What matters is getting to know my club and brother club better. What matters most is growing closer with them and hopefully growing in our relationship with Christ. This is a lesson that is very hard to learn during this time, but I am trying. The most trying of all of this is my school work. It always falls to the wayside during these two months. This year is especially difficult when I have a forty page paper, a research paper, multiple quizzes, three or four big papers, and four or more two page papers due each class period in one of my classes. I am getting so stressed. Thankfully this is the last week.

I am really proud of the hard work chi and sigma have put in and when all is said and done I am glad I participated in Jamboree again. This is our best show and I can't wait for everyone to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment